This election is stupid, and I hate it. And I really, really, really wish that people would stop talking about it. But even more than that, I wish that today meant that nobody would talk about it after tonight when someone has finally won. But I’m not naïve, and I know that’s not true. Unfortunately, all today means is that people might complain about the election even MORE tomorrow. Which is sad, and depressing, and horrible, and it really makes me consider deleting all of my social media accounts (except for the fact that I would never delete my social media accounts, ever).
So anyway, I don’t want to talk about the election. I want to talk about the real issues in the world. And most of them happen in your twenties (well, maybe not, but it sure feels that way sometimes).
Here are 10 times Gabi Diamond from Young & Hungry is every 20Something at some point or another:
- When you’re broke, and you really need a job, but you hardly have enough money to get to the interview.
- When you can’t afford to buy dinner (or cook it), so you head to your nearest Costco for samples instead.
- When you get so desperately single that you’re begging people to set you up on a date, but even they don’t think you’re good enough.
- When you have to get a second job because being an adult is hard.
- When you desperately have to beg someone to give you a job because even you know that your “qualifications” just don’t cut it.
- When you run out of the perfume your mom got you for Christmas, so you have to resort to drastic measures because literally no one can afford a whole bottle themselves.
- When someone tries to say that your life is easy just because you love your job.
- When you’re forced to depend on everyone else in your life for the nice things you have.
- When your Big Kid job comes with perks, but you don’t really understand them.
- And finally, when you just have to accept the fact that sometimes, your life is going to fall apart, and there’s not a whole lot you can do about it.